[GEM Development] Cross-building the video drivers

John Elliott jce at seasip.info
Wed May 15 14:28:38 PDT 2024

Once I'd got the drivers building, I amused myself by creating some
artificially restricted VESA drivers -- 800x600 mono (which I suppose
might be vaguely useful, since it'd save memory compared to the 800x600
colour driver), then 800x300 mono (for fans of the CGA aspect ratio) and
finally 720x256 (for fans of the Amstrad PCW display resolution).
Screenshot of the latter, with the PCW font inserted for added
verisimilitude: https://www.seasip.info/Gem/Images/pcwgem.png

--
John Elliott